Terms & Conditions
Customer satisfaction is very important to ellenlondon Studio & Firefly Designs Africa · Asia.
· READY-TO-WEAR RETURNS ·
Ready-to-Wear items are those in our collections that are available in standard sizing of S-M-L-XL. Please refer to our sizing chart for a full explanation of sizes. Ready-to-Wear items that have not been worn and are returned in the condition in which they were purchased. Shipping charges are not refundable, and customer is responsible for shipping charges (by UPS Ground or USPS priority) for the return to ellenlondon Studio & Firefly Designs Africa · Asia.
· Full refund if returned within 30 days of purchase.
· 75% refund if returned from day 31-45.
· 50% refund if returned from day 46-60.
Refunds will be made either by U.S. dollar check (if initial purchase paid by cash or check). If initial purchase was made by credit card, the customer’s credit card will be credited. Refunds will be made within 30 days from receipt of returned item(s). A customer can also make an exchange with another item.
Ready-to-Wear Items that have been altered:
When a ready to wear item has been altered, it is considered a “custom” size since it has been adjusted to fit the individual customer’s measurements. In the rare case that the adjusted size does not fit properly, ellenlondon Studio & Firefly Designs Africa * Asia will offer an additional alteration free of charge. Once the item is returned to the customer after a second alteration and the customer is still not satisfied, we will offer a partial refund of 60% on your purchase (minus shipping charges which are non-refundable).
Canceling a Ready-to-Wear order:
An order for a ready-to-wear item may be cancelled within 5 days of purchase. Items are typically prepared and shipping within 7 days from receipt of order. In the special situation where item cannot be shipped within this time, the customer is notified on a case-by-case basis, and item may be cancelled within 5 days from the time the customer is notified.
· CUSTOM ORDERS ·
Canceling an order:
Custom orders can be cancelled within 3 days of initial placement of order. In the special situation where construction of the item may be delayed, the customer is notified on a case-by-case basis, and customer will be granted an extension to cancel the order to 5 days. Custom orders are tailored to a customers individual size specifications.
A 65% cash, check or credit charge deposit is required for all custom orders. Fabrics are located as soon as an order has been placed. Some specifications of the order can be changed. Please inquire when placing your order.
If an order has been processed, but it is 7 days or less from the date of the order, the order can be cancelled, but a 25% cancellation / administrative fee applies. Shipping charges are not charged. After 8 days, the order cannot be cancelled, and the full amount for the item will be payable to ellenlondon Studio & Firefly Designs Africa * Asia.
Returning an item:
Custom orders are not subject to a normal money back guarantee. In the rare case that the item does not fit the customer, the customer may return the item to ellenlondon Studio & Firefly Designs Africa * Asia for one free alteration. The customer pays for the shipping to ellenlondon Studio & Firefly Designs Africa * Asia either by UPS Ground or USPS Priority mail. ellenlondon Studio & Firefly Designs Africa * Asia will cover shipping charges for the return of the altered item to the customer.
Because your complete satisfaction is very important to us, if you are still not satisfied with your item and would like to return it, we will offer you a 60% refund on the price of the item only. Refunds will be made either by U.S dollar check (if initial purchase paid by case or check). If initial purchase was made by credit card, the customer’s credit card will be credited. Refunds will be made within 30 days from receipt of returned item(s). A customer can also make an exchange with another item.
Shipping Charges: We ship FEDEX or UPS Ground to U.S. and Canada addresses. Shipping charges begin at $20 for 1 garment. Please inquire for international shipping rates and conditions.
Gift Wrapping: Complimentary satin bag is our signature wrapping.
Want your item gift wrapped inside the bag?
For your shopping convenience, some items can be gift-wrapped. Cost is $4.95 per item. This charge will include a personalized gift card. Simply click on the Gift-Wrap option during checkout. Choose from a variety of paper selections and personalize your gift wrap.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for ellenlondon Studio. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We accept all major credit and debit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express), as well as bank transfer and check.
We suggest that you dry clean most items from Firefly Designs Africa * Asia with the exception of 100% cotton and 100% polyester items.
When cleaned, remove the garment from the plastic, and if it is on a wire hanger, transfer it to a cloth or plastic one before hanging in your closet. If your garment is not stained or dirty, consider airing it on a hanger in fresh air before returning to your closet instead of dry cleaning.
When traveling, fold your Firefly Design garments between sheets of tissue paper. This will minimize wrinkling.
- Dry cleaning is recommended. Laundering by machine with detergent with other clothes may damage silk garments because laundering detergent and dyes in other clothes may adversely affect the silk.
- For some items without linings and without embellishments (i.e. silk scarves) attached, you may CAREFULLY handwash with specially formulated handwashing product – using cool water. Do not wring, and hang to drip dry AWAY from sunlight. Hand wash ONLY with recommended cleaner for hand washing delicate fabrics.
- Never use cholorine bleach.
- Silk is adversely affected by sunlight. For short and / or long time storage, take care to store your Firefly Design garment protected from light, air and insects.
Touching up/Pressing your silk garment:
Press your silk garment inside out, using a low, gentle heat setting. Sprinkle your garment with a TINY bit of water. Too much heat can dull or burn your silk. For best results – bring to a professional dry cleaning establishment for pressing.
Alternatively – you can steam your silk. If you wear perfume or hairspray, let both dry before donning your silk garment. That which contains alcohol can damage your silk garment.
- Garments that are unlined and 100% cotton may be laundered by machine. They MUST be washed with LIKE color fabrics. Machine washing should ONLY be for white garments of 100% cotton. Dyes used in other colors may not be color-fast. Hand washing or dry cleaning is strongly recommended.
- Any good detergent can be used to wash cotton.
- Chlorine bleach can be used safely on cotton whites.
- Cotton wrinkles easily and will require pressing.
- A higher heat setting is needed in the dryer to dry cotton.
- Cotton will take much longer to dry than less absorbent fibers.
- Cotton can be ironed with a hot, steam iron.
- It’s a good idea to “rest” your wool items for a day between each wearing. While your design is “resting” – hang on a shaped or padded hanger. In this way – wool items may actually return to their original shape (sans wrinkles) by themselves!
- Before hanging – empty pockets, remove belts and hang with closures zipped and buttoned.
- Brush wool with a special fabric brush to remove any soil on the surface.
- A steamy bathroom works wonders for wool. By hanging your garment, the moisture from the steam will help remove wrinkles.
- If wool gets wet, dry the garment at room temperature away from heat. Remove spots and stains promptly.
- Keep moths away by storing wool with fresh cedar blocks.
- Make sure that you dry clean your woolen item at least once a season (or if it has been stained). It is very important to do this before storing.
- Press wool on the reverse side – if possible. If you MUST press on the right side, use a pressing cloth so that no shine remains. Lower the iron and then lift it; don’t slide it to and fro over the fabric. Use the wool setting on your iron and always use steam. Avoid pressing your garment totally dry.
- Some of Firefly Design items are a combination of cotton and spandex.
- You may dry clean.
- You may hand or machine wash in lukewarm water. Make sure you rinse thoroughly and do not wring before drying.
- Do not use chlorine bleach on any fabric containing spandex.
- If you wash your garment, make sure you drip dry. If machine drying, use low temperature setting. Realize that your item will shrink if you dry in a dryer.
- If your garment requires ironing, iron quickly, not leaving the iron in one place for too long. Use a low heat setting on your iron.
- Most items made from 100% polyester can be machine washed and dried. You may also dry clean.
- If you wash: Use warm water, adding a fabric softener when the machine rinses.
- If drying by machine, use a low temperature and remove as soon as the tumbling cycle is complete. You may also air dry.
- If you iron, use a moderately hot iron.
- Most rayon garments should be dry-cleaned.
- Between wearings, items containing rayon may be pressed with a cool iron.
- Some linens are washable; others are dry-clean only. Check the label.
- White linens should be dried in the sun. This will help keep them white.
- Linen wrinkles VERY easily and will require pressing with a very hot iron. Spray starch may be used.
Sizing your Garment
Each person has his / her own preference for the way clothes fit.
JACKETS: Are typically loose or semi-fitted. Jackets with cotton / spandex fabric content are typically a bit more fitted.
PANTS: Pants from Firefly Designs with clasp and zipper are typically snug at the waist and semi-fitted over the legs, with a comfortable fit over the hips. Tie-belted and elastic-waist pants are typically loose fitting.
BLOUSES: Over-blouses / tunics are loose-fitting; t-strap and Oriental silk with side closures are semi-fitted.
DRESSES: The dress offered by Firefly Designs is a cotton knit and form fitting to semi-form fitting – depending on your preference on the way you like to wear you clothes.
SKIRTS: Casually semi-fitted A-line skirt in either an above the knee (from the waist to the hem on the side) or mid-calf length.
BUST: Measure NOT tightly around the fullest part of your bust.
WAIST: Measure at the place of your waist.
HIP: Measure around the fullest part of your hip which is between 8-9″ from your waist.
SHOULDER: Measure from you neck to the top of your arm.
SLEEVE LENGTH: Measure from the top of your arm to your wrist.
JACKET LENGTH: Measure in back from the base of the neck to bottom edge for hemline.
ARMHOLE CIRCUMFERENCE: Measure the circumference around the top of your underarm adding 1″ to the actual measurement.
FOR PANTS: From the top of the inner thigh to the ankle.
SKIRT LENGTH: Measure from side waist to bottom hem.